Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Budget Time!

We had our budget meeting last night. It is so exciting to take a look back over this year and see how God provided for us! I'm so proud of our little church and how a small group of people give sacrificially. Our budget for 2008 is coming in around $135k. It is hard to put together a budget with only a few months of a track record. We'll examine the budget in 6 months and make changes as necessary. I'm excited to see how much of our budget is going towards church planting! Yes you heard me right! The 4 month old church plant is giving a BIG amount towards other church plants in 2008. One of the hardest things for church planters is raising financial support. I know because I'm there! One of the main reasons that many church plants fail is because they are under supported financially. I'm grateful for several key outside organizations that have believed in us and have supported us financially. They include Gateway Church, Grace Brethren Northern Atlantic Fellowship, Grace Brethren North American Missions, and one very generous & anonymous person! Thank you!

Special thanks to our financial team that serves at Elk Creek! They have an important job.

  • They keep track of all of the individual giving. (I never see what each individual family gives, only the bottom line giving of the whole church)
  • They generate giving reports to each family at the end of each year.
  • They determine the salary + benefits for our staff. (I'm the only paid staff at this time)
  • They make sure that our spending is in line with our budget.
  • They create statistical reports that help me see the BIG picture.

No comments: