Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Top 10 Quotes from the C3 Conference



I've looked through my many pages of notes and have compiled my Top 10 favorite quotes from the C3 conference.


10) "There is always a Judas at your table, and they're close enough to kiss you!" - TD Jakes

9)   "Be bold enough to put the other knee down" - Ed Young Jr.

8)   "Leaders live in the tension between living in community and living out responsibility" - Mac Richard

7)   "All Leadership radiates out of the intersection of love and good deeds." - Mac Richard

6)   "As Pastors, we are called to work for the only organization that Jesus died for - the Church" - Perry Noble

5)   "Starbucks has kept me in the ministry." - Tommy Barnett

4)   "The capacity to empower people is the greatest gift of a leader." - Brian Houston

3)   "The call of God is what gets you out of bed everyday, not a burden for something." - Tommy Barnett

2)   "Great men are just ordinary men that didn't quit." - Tommy Barnett

1)    "You're only as deep as the last person that you served." - Perry Noble

OK, I couldn't stop at 10...

Bonus Quote #1: "The cost of leadership is conflict." - TD Jakes

Bonus Quote #2: "Leadership is really spelled L-O-N-L-I-N-E-S-S" - TD Jakes

Bonus Quote #3: Speaking about being betrayed in ministry and referring to Joseph being betrayed by his brothers and thrown into a pit..."Pit happens" - Ed Young Jr.

If you were at the conference, chime in with your favorite quote.

1 comment:

naomi silliman said...

Thank you for taking me with you to this conference! I really enjoyed it! I liked/disliked the one about there being a Judas at your table and he's close enough to kiss you. Jesus also set the bar for us even with how we handle our Judas! How cool is that! There was so much good stuff I don't know how you got your list down to only 13! But, you summed it up good!