Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

On My Back in Boston

I left my house early yesterday morning for a 7am flight to Boston. Everything went fairly smooth. The Philly airport is not a fun airport to fly in and out of. In fact, when possible I fly out of BWI, It's much more efficiently run. Anyway, I get my rental car and off I go. As I was getting out of the car, I felt horrific pain shooting across my lower back. So much so that I couldn't get up. I had a mild episode on Sunday morning as we were setting up for church, but a couple of Advil took care of it. I popped a few Ibuprofen and after about an hour, I was able to get out of the car. I could barely walk. I decided after a few more back spasms to go to the ER. I've never been to the ER to be treated, but after Triage, Registration, and an hour in that silly gown with no back, I was finally seen by the Doctor. They put me in a bed beside the guy that was beat up by the homeowner of the house he was trying to break into. He was handcuffed to the bed and let out all kinds of moans. The cops did their best to get information from him. All they got was that his first name was Joel or Joe...they couldn't understand him.(Eric and Lori: If you're reading this, I have a greater appreciate for what you do:)) The Doctor diagnosed my problem as "Lower Back Pain". No kidding! I think I could be a doctor. He prescribed me some muscle relaxers and pain killers and told me to lay on my back on a heating pad until the pain goes away.

I made my way to the hotel room, took my medicine, and laid on the heating pad until this morning. My back is feeling a little better today, but I'm a little loopy from the meds. I'll be heading back to Philly today to rest in my own bed.

Sometimes God wants us to slow down, listen to Him and rest. I used the time on my back to listen to God. Do you need to slow down and listen to God today?

3 comments:

naomi silliman said...

Mike-I did listen for God today (He helped you get home) but, I did not get the chance to slow down. Now that you are home I can rest easy though!
Love Ya! Naomi

Steve Howell said...

Mike,

Your friend from Maryland. So sorry about the back pain. I guess some of the church family will have to be fillers for you right now. Sometimes receiving from others can be hard for those of us who are so driven to give.

I will be praying for you and for your Turkeyfest '07.

Your friend from Maryland,

steve

Mike Silliman said...

Naomi - Thanks for taking such good care of me.

Steve - Great to hear from you! Hope you are doing well my friend.