Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Turkeys, Goliath, and Small Groups

Sorry that I've been slacking on the posts here lately. I've been on the road this past week and will be on the road this week as well. This week I head to Boston from Monday through Thursday for work.

Well, here is what's happening...

  • My sister and her family just moved to the area this past week. It's pretty cool to have them close again. It's also pretty cool to have them as a part of Elk Creek Church.
  • Today's message was about David defeating Goliath. I talked about the key to facing our "Goliaths" is that we need to measure our "Goliath" up to God NOT to ourselves. I think I needed this message more than anybody. It's so easy to look at a situation and think, "there is no way I'm gonna get through this". I love how David sized up the Giant to God not to himself! His confidence was in God, not in himself.
  • I'm pumped about the Turkey Fest '07. It looks like we are able to provide complete Thanksgiving meals to 125 families in our community. A special thanks to Homefront Christian Ministries for helping us with this project and to New London Baptist Church for letting us use their facility to package the meals. Next Sunday is a BIG day as we need to package all of the meals and deliver them to 125 households. We need help! If you are able to pack or deliver please email us.
  • Small groups are starting next week. Email us if you would like to get plugged in. We will be contacting all of you that have already signed up this week. The Felker's will be leading a family small group on Tuesday nights @ 7pm at their place beginning on 11/27. They will be studying a book called Improving Your Serve. Naomi and I will be leading a new believer small group at our place on Thursday nights @ 7pm beginning on 11/29. If you are a new believer or you just want to brush up on the basics of the Christian life, you can join us.

No comments: